Also a big thank you to Da Vinci Center at VCU for providing us with a wonderful space and great support throughout our all-day interview marathon!
Read on to see where we will be hosted and which six teams are joining batch V of Lighthouse Labs!
Batch V Answers Now empowers families dealing with autism by putting powerful, proven tools for learning and crisis intervention into the hands of caregivers.
Blueswipe improves payment processing by making it simple and affordable for small business owners.
Indivigroup enables companies and public organizations to crowdsource ideas and solutions for pressing problems from their direct communities.
Ivy Oaks Analytics sweeps large-scale outdoor recreation areas of ticks, mosquitoes and poison ivy through advanced, public health control.
Pay Your Tuition (PYT) Funds bridges the financial gap between college juniors/seniors and their graduation through the last mile funding options of crowdfunding and alternative lending.
RideRoundTrip transforms access to non-emergency medical transportation for providers and patients.Location announced!As you may have seen in BizSense, Evatran - a local startup specializing in wireless charging stations for electric cars - is hosting us this fall! Located in Scotts Addition, Evatran takes up nearly 20,000 square feet at the Handcraft building on Moore Street where it serves as a production facility and testing garage. Startup energy guaranteed!
LIGHTHOUSE SCHEDULE: MONTH 1
- AUGUST 23 - Program Begins, Companies move into Evatran offices
- AUGUST 24 - Mentor Open House
- AUGUST 25 - Alumni Day
- SEPTEMBER 1 - Leadership Session with John Sarvay of Floricane
- SEPTEMBER 8 - Marketing Session with Sarah Milston of the Sparkmill
- SEPTEMBER 15 - Investment Thesis with Mike Paige and Stephanie Hepp of RunRate
Remember to save the date for RVA Demo Day on November 16th (date subject to change)!
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
- SEPTEMBER 12th - Venture Out to Vasen Brewing Company
- SEPTEMBER 12th - Entrepreneurial Education: Trademark Basics
Business Model Validation Lab
- CO.STARTERS VA is accepting applications for their upcoming 10-week fall program that starts on September 12th. "We are working with budding entrepreneurs to help them figure out whether their business idea is viable", says co-founder Larkin Garbee. Applications close August 27th.
- UnitedHealthcare's Community Care Award
- In collaboration with BizWorks Enterprise Centerand UnBoundRVA, UnitedHealthcare will award $10,000 in funding to a small business with the next big idea for enhancing community health and wellness in greater Richmond. Applications close September 17th.