As unbelievable as it may seem, we are in the final weeks of Lighthouse Labs' fall cohort! For the past four weeks, our founders have been crafting their pitches to prepare for our investor roadshows to Cary and Norfolk, and Demo Day on November 16th (only 10 tickets left!). They practiced in front of board members, Alumni and students from VCU and University of Richmond. Read on for a recap of the final weeks of Lighthouse Labs 2017!
Investor Roadshow, first stop: Cary, NC
At Lighthouse we know that it is vital to connect founders with as many options as possible when seeking customers, finding talent and attracting investment. We believe in an economy of abundance and love the opportunity to connect with like minded leaders and share experiences.
So, we headed to North Carolina yesterday for the forth year in a row collaborating with Cofounders Capital, Fahrenheit Group and CED to introduce our founders to the investment community around Raleigh and Cary, NC! With the generous support of our friends to the south, our founders got to interact with leading investment representatives for seed stage capital in the region and network with the founder community.
In fact, last year, this type of introduction led directly to funding for Map My Customers and we could not be more excited for them and our region as we all build the next generation of successful startups in the mid-Atlantic.
Lighthouse Labs Pitch-off & Awards Celebration presented by Capital One
The Lighthouse Labs' Pitch Off & Awards Celebration presented by Capital One is the grand finale of this year's accelerator program, shining a spotlight on how six promising startups are disrupting their industries. All six teams will pitch their business to audience members, who will live-vote for the best startup. Using the results from the live audience, Capital One will present $15,000 in cash awards to the startups.
Lighthouse Labs' Pitch off + Awards Celebration presented by Capital One
Thursday, November 16th at 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Capital One Campus, West Creek Commons
Details and Registration
One of the things we are proud of at Lighthouse is our ability to provide individual support to founders as challenges and opportunities emerge for the founders. Here are some of the highlights and key achievements of teams in batch V:
- AnswersNow kicked off their second pilot with 26 families. If you are, or know of, a caregiver or parent of children with autism, get them in touch with Adam or Jeff!
- Blueswipe was voted "Best Pitch" by investors at TechBuzz on October 19th hosted by the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association in D.C.
- Indivigroup is in the process of rebranding as MeshImpact. See their Founder Profilefor more details on their approach to analyzing collective human intelligence.
- RoundTrip just experienced their biggest week to-date in terms of rides booked through their platform, and they signed a new client which brings them into yet another new state!
- Pay Your Tuition (PYT) Funds managed to meet with all target schools in Central Virginia, scheduled follow-up meetings and expanded her outreach to additional offices.
- Ivy Oaks Analytics is working the crowds at summer camp tradeshows to sign up more large-scale sites that want to be mosquito- and tick-free next summer.
LIGHTHOUSE SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
- NOVEMBER 15 - Investor Roadshow to Norfolk presenting to 757 Angels Group
- NOVEMBER 16 - Pitch Off & Awards Celebration presented by Capital One (Sign up to attend)
- Founder Profiles: Learn more about the founders behind batch V's startups on our blog!
- A short guide to strategy for entrepreneurs, Harvard Business Review
- Instead of courting Amazon, cities should do more to support local startups, Venturebeat
- Local Businesswomen create network for support and collaboration
- Ivy Oaks Analytics: Tick Bite Prevention Program Led to Better Summer Camp Experience
- Inaugural Rebelle Con kicks off this Thursday
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
- NOVEMBER 9-11th - Rebelle Con
- NOVEMBER 10th - 2nd Annual Veteran's Day Innovators and Entrepreneurs Breakfast
- NOVEMBER 14th - HYPE's Innovation Series #3, Chamber RVA
- NOVEMBER 15th - IMPACT Award Celebration Dinner 2017, Chamber RVA
- NOVEMBER 16th - rvatech/breakfast with Jason Butler, CoStar
- NOVEMBER 16th - Lighthouse Labs Pitch-Off & Awards Celebration
For a full list of events see Activation Capital.