For the second year in a row, Lighthouse Labs was ranked among the top 30 seed accelerators in the United States! Among internationally renown programs like Y Combinator, Tech Stars, and 500 Startups, Lighthouse was assessed based on six criteria:
- Qualified Exit
- Qualified Fundraising
- Founder Satisfaction
- Alumni Network
Capital One awards $100,000 to Lighthouse Labs
Earlier this week, Capital One announced a $100,000 grant to Lighthouse Labs. This will mark the fourth year that Capital One has financially supported Lighthouse Labs in its mission to invest in the lives of entrepreneurs. â€œAfter experiencing the outstanding quality of startups in last yearâ€™s program, we are excited to continue our collaboration with Lighthouse Labs to spur innovation in Central Virginia. Our partnership with Lighthouse not only provides Capital One project team members the opportunity to directly interact with innovative startups, but also allows us to invest in growing the talent pool of the Richmond startup ecosystem,â€ said Jay Sanne, Vice President of Card Technology at Capital One. Read the full story in Richmond BizSense.
Two weeks to go!
With only two weeks until our application deadline, we are still looking for the most qualified founders who would benefit from joining Lighthouse Labs this fall!
Applying to Lighthouse Labs
We know that, especially for early-stage companies, an accelerator application can be cumbersome and intimidating. In our first blogpost, Three Questions to Ask Yourself before Applying to Lighthouse Labs, we clarify some of most frequently asked questions about acceleration and highlight the Lighthouse difference. We also wanted to know from Lighthouse Labs alumni how they went about preparing an outstanding application. Read all about it in Inside Lighthouse: Applying for Lighthouse Labs!
Can you help us spread the word? If you know a founder who is a good fit, send them a link to our blog, encourage them to apply and/or refer them to Anika!
If you use social media, please feel free to spread the word:
- Only 2 weeks to go! Apply for @rvalighthouse, 1 of 30 top seed accelerators in the U.S.! https://www.f6s.com/lighthouselabsrva/apply
- 2 weeks left! Accelerate your high-growth #startup at @RVALighthouse! Apply now for nationally ranked acceleration! https://www.f6s.com/lighthouselabsrva/apply
Our committee is already reviewing applications; teams that apply early will get more exposure to our judges!
LIGHTHOUSE SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
- JUNE 30 - Applications Close
- JULY 25 - Finalist Interviews
- JULY 27- Accepted Companies Announced
- AUGUST 23 - Program Begins
- NOVEMBER - Investor Road Show
- NOVEMBER - RVA Investor Demo Day
- NOVEMBER 17 - Program Ends
- How to Pitch your Company, Y Combinator
- Creating a Welcoming Space for Every Type of Entrepreneur to Take Risks, Inc.
- 5 Keys to Master your Digital Marketing Strategy
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTSFor a full list of events see Activation Capital.