In case you don't know about our process: For three months we will be working side-by-side with founders to help them refine their business model and get them in front of world-class mentors and investors in the mid-Atlantic region. We invest $20,000 in each startup without taking equityto allow them to focus on their business. The right connections are crucial for startups in these early stages which is why we open the door to our networks of entrepreneurs, business mentors and investors, on top of providing guided workshops led by industry experts.
What types of startups are we looking for? The types of startups that succeed in our program are startups consisting of two or more founders with a scalable, technology-driven service or product. Our policy is that at least 1 founder must either relocate or live in Richmond during the three month program, however, we have a strong preference for all founders to be together.
Spread the Word!
Can you help us spread the word to your networks? To make it easy on yourselves, feel free to share our announcement via Twitter and Facebook, craft your own message or simply copy/paste one of these messages:
- High-growth #startup? Launch your business w @RVALighthouse: 20k, mentor-driven, no equity taken. Apply by 6/30: https://www.f6s.com/lighthouselabsrva/apply
- $20k, dozens of mentors, 0 equity, 1 mission: accelerate your high-growth #startup w @RVALighthouse: https://www.f6s.com/lighthouselabsrva/apply
LIGHTHOUSE SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
- JUNE 30 - Applications Close
- JULY 25- Finalist Interviews
- JULY 28- Accepted Companies Announced
- AUGUST 23- Program Begins
- NOVEMBER - Investor Road Show
- NOVEMBER - RVA Investor Demo Day
- NOVEMBER 17 - Program Ends
- The 4 most common mistakes startups make when selling to large companies (GAN.CO)
- How differently VC's talk about female entrepreneurs (Harvard Business Review)
- Lighthouse Labs Alumni Glass Smith awarded People's Choice Award atRich Tech Gala
- Richmond named 9th best city for black entrepreneurs to start a business
DID YOU KNOW?
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTSFor a full list of events see Activation Capital.