Alumni session, subject matter experts and founder standupsWeek 1 was marked by the visit of twelve of our alumni who wouldn't miss the chance to welcome batch V to the Lighthouse family and share some of their experiences and insights into startup life and acceleration.
In the following weeks, subject matter experts like John Sarvay from Floricane and Sarah Milston from The Spark Mill came to Lighthouse to talk to founders about entrepreneurial leadership and marketing. We also picked up our old tradition of founder standups: each Tuesday, founders report on their progress and lessons learned from the previous week and hold each other accountable. If you want to receive our weekly founder updates and support individual teams, contact Joanna!
Open positionsMap My Customers, our alumni from batch IV, is hiring for a full-stack developer. If you know anyone who might fit this bill and is keen on working for competitive pay and equity options, pleasecontact Matt!
Roundtrip is hiring for a Digital Marketing Manager. Check out the job description and feel free toreach out to Ankit if you know of someone who might be a good fit!
LIGHTHOUSE SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
- SEPTEMBER 15 - Investment Thesis with Mike Paige and Stephanie Hepp of RunRate
- SEPTEMBER 19 - Global Accelerator Network Summit, San Francisco
- SEPTEMBER 22 - Inbound Sales and Lead Generation with Claire Herring of Blue Ocean Brain
- SEPTEMBER 29 - Customer Learning and Sales Funnel session with Brian Marks of Bonfire
- OCTOBER 6 - SEO/SEM with Andrew Miller of Workshop Digital
- OCTOBER 13 - Ready for the Raise Investor Panel
- A Case Study of Early-Stage Funding, Crunchbase
- Lighthouse Alumni Kyndi in the News, PR Web
- Age is Just a Number: The Lack of Diversity Goes Even Farther than Gender, GAN
- VCU receives $25 million from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Lighthouse Alum Occasion Genius is on the raise again
- AI Solutions Innovator Kyndi closes $8.5 Million Series B Funding Round
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
- SEPTEMBER 21st - Business After Hours: Access to Capital, Chamber RVA
- SEPTEMBER 28th - Beyond Concept: Advice for Startups, One South Reality, VCC & Linden Legal
- SEPTEMBER 28th - EWX Real Conversations, Chamber RVA
- OCTOBER 7th - RVA Makerfest, Science Museum
- OCTOBER 19th - rvatech/women conference, Science Museum of VA
For a full list of events see Activation Capital.